Playing Doctor

1.15.2009

Oh the People You Meet in Pubs

I had my first random bar encounter that ended in something beneficial for me!


For those of you who know me, you know that Poor Herbie's in Madison is my favorite bar. I usually don't talk to the locals, except the ones I came with and the bartenders/wait staff. But today, an inebriated man who knew the friend I was with came and sat with us for a while. He was quite pleasant and told good stories. 

Turns out, this guy is head of sales for a major publishing company that publishes... TEXTBOOKS. He said I can have any textbook I want for FREE. 

They only do clinical books in medicine so I'll have to either look up 3rd yr books now and place my order, or keep running into him at the bar... and judging by his level of insobriety and the fact that he's friends with the owner, I'm willing to bet I'll see him again.

3 Comments:

Blogger Cori said...

lol that's awesome. You should start a black market of getting free books from him and then selling them for slightly less than the bookstore at Drew...which really benefits everyone, don't you think? :)

Jan 16, 2009, 2:21:00 PM  
Blogger kimmieb said...

haha, i didn't even think of that... you are corrupting me! lol

Jan 16, 2009, 4:57:00 PM  
Blogger Payola said...

Holy crap you hit the mother load!

Jan 26, 2009, 10:29:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home