Playing Doctor

11.06.2008

Eyes, Ears, and Lungs



I had to buy this $300 otoscope/ophthalmoscope for school, which made me upset because that's a lot of money for something I may not really need in life (as far as I know, no doctor walks around with these things - they're usually attached to the wall or something - see right). 

So we were learning how to examine the head and neck this week, which means we needed to use these things. So the middle ear is curvier than I thought and I ended up poking the tip of the scope way far into the wrong spot in my friend's ear. Oops. But I saw the eardrum and it was cool. We had a class about "speaking doctor", so I really should have said "tympanic membrane" just then instead of eardrum...
So then we looked in the eye, which I feel bad about. It's really bright! It was really small, but I got to see what I was supposed to see. And it looked a little like this:
---

Today in anatomy lab we removed the lungs! Our guy was definitely a smoker because there is black gunk all over and there are raised black portions, which are not supposed to be there. Another thing not supposed to be there: hard pellets, suggesting to me that he had some kind of [probably] undiagnosed lung cancer. I guess if you have Parkinson's, you could care less about something like that. 
 
This doctor thing is turning out to be pretty cool.


1 Comments:

Blogger Cori said...

lol eyes, ears, and noses are cute....I will post more cute just for you though :)

Nov 16, 2008, 7:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home