$$$ and Muscles
It hit me this past week that I no longer have a source of income and am therefore broke and in debt. (Did I mention I quit my ER job? No time anymore.) I'm used to having at least some small check from Chilton to deposit every once in a while, but I keep entering withdrawals in my bank book and it makes me so sad that I stopped subtracting... guess I should do that soon so I don't run out of money!
Now I'm thinking of ways to make money. For the summer I want to apply for a research fellowship at Robert Wood. I'm sort of banking on that since I'm already working on a study with the doctor who selects the students for it. But apparently he only accepts students who are "brilliant". I hope he thinks I am. So if I get that, it'll be a bit more than $2000 for the summer. Mere pennies!
To supplement, I was thinking of applying for an EMT job.
1. It makes me happy.
2. You're not running around all day like in the ER.
3. I can do it per diem.
I think working for the department that's paying me to research mayyy be a conflict of interest, so I am considering applying to Atlantic Health, aka Morristown Memorial.
They say you have to be able to lift 150 lb. for the job. I don't even know what I may have ever lifted that weighed that... Do you have to be able to lift 150 lb. by yourself? Because that seems unreasonable. Will I have to lift something in front of the interviewer to prove it? Because who will believe that I can lift that? I am stronger that one would think because I have lifted a LOT as an EMT in the past year. When I fenced, I could leg press at least my body weight... does that count since you're supposed to lift with your legs?
Guess I should finally use my gym membership to find out...

1 Comments:
i also have no money :( which is annoying because i want to live/buy christmas presents for people.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home