Am I allowed to talk about this??
So I'm pretty obsessed with emergency medicine. I thought it would be a good idea to do some research to "get ahead in the field", etc.... but I also think it will be really fun! So I contacted the doctor at school who I know does research in EMS, which is my particular interest, being an EMT and all. So I met with him today and immediately following the obligatory, "tell me about yourself", he told me about the study he'd like to involve me in. And it's perfect!!
[This is the part I'm not sure it's ok to talk about so shhh:]
In the past, people have concluded that driving the ambulance lights and sirens to the hospital decreases door-to-door time. BUT they didn't look at patient outcomes. So we're going to see whether driving lights and sirens improves patient outcomes. And I get to ride around in the EMS Physician vehicle! I am so ridiculously excited about this, I can't even tell you! Well, I guess I just did, haha.
As much as I liked the intellectual stimulation of researching genes, working with people [and flashy lights!] sounds so much more fun!

1 Comments:
YAY flashy lights!
:-)
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home