Playing Doctor

10.01.2008

This post is completely related to med school...

I went to Boston to see the Yankees play the Red Sox! haha

As soon as class was over Friday, I hopped in the car and traveled to Madison where I had coffee with my former Drew advisor in the new coffee stand that was the Class of '08 senior gift! 
From there, I drove down the road a piece to John's house, packed up the car, and headed to La Rosa for lunch before heading out. 

After an insanely long ride, having a lot to do with Connecticut and its terrible traffic, we made it to Ruth's apartment in Salem, MA where we watched the 1st yanks-sox game, won by the Yankees (by a wide margin! sorry Kellie :P). 

Our tickets were for Saturday's game so we went into Boston, rain notwithstanding. We sat in the stadium until they called the game and rescheduled for Sunday night (kind of terrible timing since we had to be back home for school/work Monday morning). But we managed to get our picture taken by a photographer while sitting in the rain:

(Greg, Kellie, Ruth, John, Kim - 4 Madison EMTs past/present... and Kellie)

Sunday was a double-header - the first game of which being Mike Mussina's 20th win, likely securing him a Hall of Fame spot. Our game was unfortunately won by the wrong team, but that can surely be attributed to the fact that none of the Yankee starters were playing. But after a couple overpriced beers, who even cared anymore? 

It was definitely a good time and a good break from school :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Cori said...

HI Kim!!! I look forward to reading about your adventures in medical school as well :)

Oct 7, 2008, 6:04:00 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Hey Kim, it's Laura! I drank the Kool-Aid and decided to make a blog like my dear friend Cori. Is that Fidler in the picture with you at the game? I hope all is well with you!

Oct 7, 2008, 11:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home