Nothing interesting really going on with med school right now...
But I did get to meet a somewhat famous doctor! (Though I'm perplexed as to why he doesn't have a wikipedia page...) Dr. Brent Ridge, geriatrician (I believe) and former vice president for healthy living at Martha Stewart Living. More importantly, he is 1/2 of
The Fabulous Beekman Boys, a tv show I have come to adore- though I sadly no longer have Planet Green due to my cost-saving downgrade of my cable plan. The New York Times called the show a "
gay 'Green Acres'", so you know it has to be amusing. I've gone up to their
store in Sharon Springs, NY twice now and bought their delicious cheese and some soap.
So here is an iPhone photo of us- no, I did NOT realize how awful my hair looked- it was windy with the car windows open!
So when he asked what school I went to, he actually knew Robert Wood Johnson! I'm only surprised because so many people who actually live in New Jersey have no idea. He even made some suggestions for local residencies in emergency medicine. A very nice encounter :)
Check out his show and order their cheese! It is seriously good.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home