i'm back!
I still can never find the time to update, but here's a quick post that might motivate me for later.
Things I learned today:
1. I really DO dislike pediatrics. I thought I'd be pleasantly surprised.... but no. Still don't like it. When I got to the clinic this morning, a resident said to me "You'll love it!" But I really didn't. I don't like having to deal with essentially 2 patients- mom and kid, and kids are too hard to examine. They cry. You have to entertain them so they don't cry. Aaaahhh! So now I'm feeling better about my decision to save peds for my last rotation next year since there's no way I'll love it and want to switch specialties when it's too late.
2. I'm either a suck-up (do people still use that term?) or just very friendly. One of our ER interest group faculty told me I was his favorite :). And many of the ER docs know me personally now. This is a very good thing. It's all about the networking.
3. Surgeons bother me. But med students going into surgery probably bother me more. Namely, those that go on and on about all the things they did that make them far superior to everyone else like research and publications and board scores and how they interviewed at Harvard, and then tell you how you should do the same things so you can be just as awesome, but not everyone can be as awesome as they are.... grrr.
mmm I guess that's it for now. Until next time! Whenever that is....

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home